Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Thanks to everyone who submitted a logo, commented on the submissions, or voted for their favorite. You can see the image in use on the home page.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
I am happy to announce that EclipseLink 1.1.0 is now available for download.
There are some useful links off of the download page including a 'getting started page', and the 'release notes' for 1.1.0.
As well as bug fixes, 1.1.0 introduces feature enhancements in the following areas:
The first release of EclipseLink DBWS allows developers to easily and efficiently expose database constructs (tables, SQL, stored procedures).
EclipseLink 1.1.0 JPA support is extended to introduce:
- a new 1:M mapping that doesn't require a back pointer or a separate join table to hold the associations.
- TABLE_PER_CLASS Inheritance has been added giving greater flexibility in how your relational tables associate with the classes in a hierarchy.
This release of EclipseLink includes an implementation of SDO 2.1.1 (JSR 235). This implementation conforms to the final draft and is being included with the final draft as the reference implementation.
Peter Krogh and Doug Clarke
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
EclipseCon is fast approaching. It occurs between March 23 and March 26. There
are a number of sessions that would be of interest to EclipseLink users.
There is one tutorial:
- Developing Java EE Web applications with JSF Facelets and JPA (Monday, March
23 @ 8 AM)
- Preparing Java EE 6 development environment with Eclipse and GlassFish v3
(Tuesday, March 24 @ 10:10 AM)
- Harnessing JPA 2.0 with Eclipse (Tuesday, March 24 @ 1:30 PM)
- Building your first JPA application with Dali JPA Tools (Tuesday, March 24 @
- Teneo--Integrating EMF & EclipseLink for Model-Driven Development with
Persistence (Thursday, March 26 @ 2:30 PM)
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
We have had a variety of logos for TopLink over the years.
The first proposal is from one of our committers, Rick Sapir, connects us back to the original bridge between worlds logo. So far this is our only submission but definitely my favorite :)
All proposals will be posted to the contest page:
To submit a proposal, provide feedback, or vote please use the bug link provided on the contest page.