Wednesday, November 7, 2007

1.0 Milestone 1 Now Available

We are pleased to announce that EclipseLink 1.0M1 is available for download.

This is our first milestone as we work toward a 1.0 release. The current functionality and related materials produced for this milestone are available here.

This milestone is feature-rich with our native object-relational and object-XML support . Complete support for JPA 1.0 (with many important extensions) and almost complete JAXB 2.0 and SDO 2.1.

For those Oracle TopLink customers wishing to try out EclipseLink we have published an example to assist. Additional examples are available here.

Please download the milestone and try it out we are eager to get feedback.

Doug Clarke

1 comment:

vamsee said...

Hi, I have an app that uses Spring JPA with toplink essentials deployed to OC4J 10.1.3.3. Does EclipseLink support Oracle XMLType? That may be a motivation for me to move to EclipseLink as my Spring JPA provider. Will EclipseLink work in Oc4J 10.1.3.3 or do we have to wait for OC4J/OAS 11G?

I read this link about using EclipseLink with Spring JPA.

Currently, I don't package toplink-essentials in my apps' war because OC4J already has it. If I want to use EclipseLink instead can I just add eclipselink.jar to my war file (plus the Spring app context change to use org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaVendorAdapter).
BTW, where is the class EclipseLinkJpaVendorAdapter. Its neither in spring-jpa-2.06.jar not in eclipselink.jar (1.0M1).