It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the release of EclipseLink 2.1.0 (Helios). This release of brings a number of exciting features many of which were voted on, and chosen by the community.
Some of the JPA features included in this release are
- improved JPQL enhancements, and extensions including 'TREAT...AS' and 'FUNC'.
- Fetch, Load, Copy & Merge of partial entities using 'AttributeGroup'
- extentions to 'eclipselink-orm.xml'
- Dynamic Persistence: JPA without requiring Java classes.
- New Platforms: SAPNetWeaver Server Platform and Symfoware Database Platform
Some of the MOXy features included in this release are
- JAXB 2.2.0 certified
- JAXB without annotations using externalized mappings in XML
- 'Dynamic Persistence': XML Binding without Java classes.
Some of the SDO features included in this release are
- Support for EclipseLink SDO usage with 'WebSphere' and 'JBoss'
... and more...
Some of the DBWS features included in this release are
- Support DBWSBuilder-generated JAX-WS Provider on JRockit
- Support for Eclipse WTP Dynamic Web Project structure
For a full list of features, and download instructions please see http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Release/2.1.0 .We would like to thank everyone involved in the development of this release.
Peter Krogh and Douglas Clarke